I didn’t mention to many that I was asked to give a Christmas day message on Radio Jackie. Must admit that I didn’t listen to it being broadcast but if you are interested it is on their website. I was talking about my experiences in the Holy Land this autumn. You can listen to it
Well I arrived in Kenya with three of my daughters to visit the RUSH charity we support last Saturday. It was one of those journeys you would rather forget!
Muslims have been in the news a lot in recent days. There has been a lot of conflict in recent weeks over some rubbish film made in California that is anti-muslim. The result has been violent protest and deaths around the world.
One of the most innovative charities that I came across at New Wine was Toilet Twinning. They are a charity that looks to provide safe sanitation around the world.
Five Talents is a great microfinance organisation that Springfield supports. It provides small affordable loans to people who can’t otherwise access credit in some of the poorest parts of the world enabling them to start small sustainable businesses.
The story is all over the news this morning about a new report by a “panel of experts” (according to the Independent) who are recommending that people be able to end their lives in the last year of their life. The Guardian calls it a major report.
It is sometimes easy to forget that there are millions of Christians in the Middle East and their lot is not generally a happy one. There was an important but little reported debate in Parliament last Friday.
It was difficult to get photos onto the blog whilst I was out there and even harder to choose a few out of the 420 I took! But here is a selection of them. Read More
Three stories have inspired me in the past week. Three people, or groups, who have stood up to power and taken them on at great personal risk either physically to their life or to their reputation.
- Bill: Will, we have absolutely no doubt you will be as great a blessing to the Diocese as you have been…
- Will Cookson: Thanks Ross, God bless, Will
- Will Cookson: Dear Alan & Sue, how great to hear from you. How are things in sunny Haydock? I believe that you…
- Alan and Sue Roberts: Best wishes Will to you and your family. We still remember you here (14 years ?). Alan and Sue Roberts…
- Ross: I have no doubt you will be an absolute blessing in your next step of ministry. You are a…
- Humaira: Agree it was a major let down to visit topkapi I see now why the Quran emphasizes the need…
- The Rich Ecclesiology of Fresh Expressions - Luke S. Edwards: […] should be of no surprise that John Wesley also faced great resistance. The Anglican bishop Joseph Butler famously remarked…
- Will Cookson: I agree this post is now closed for further comments
- The dangerous prophecy of Lance Lambert… September 8, 2011
- Will Jesus return on May 21st at about 6pm? March 28, 2011
- Review – Bible’s Buried Secrets – The Real garden of Eden March 29, 2011
- Why women should be Bishops…. November 23, 2012
- Review – Bible’s Buried Secrets – Did King David’s Empire exist? March 16, 2011
- Review of Love Wins by Rob Bell April 1, 2011
- Bains family blog: arrived in Kenya October 20, 2011
- Good without God November 5, 2010
- Moving on November 27, 2016
- Shallow Small groups 2 January 27, 2015
- Dean of Fresh Expressions January 21, 2015
- What can we do in the face of such evil? August 14, 2014
- Celebrating the Jewish Jesus April 18, 2014
- Church Growth Conference – children & youth January 24, 2014
- Church Growth – from anecdote to evidence January 22, 2014
- All Change for All Age Services January 21, 2014
- Springfield Church celebrated 25 amazing years with @BishopofCroydon y'day. Might God be calling you to lead them? bit.ly/2mEwsMr 1 day ago
- Congratulations to Springfield Church on their 25th birthday celebrations today with @BishopofCroydon. Praying for next 25 amazing years 2 days ago
- Might God be calling you to be the next Minister of Springfield Church? Amazing church and an amazing opportunity: springfieldchurch.org.uk/about-us/churc… 4 days ago
- RT @thehistoryguy: If you've been watching Fox you may have been told that London is defeated and demoralised. So I walked to work and fi… 4 days ago
- RT @MalCPD: And this is why I LOVE London https://t.co/BertPv0nIo 5 days ago