I was listening to Radio 5 yesterday and there was a very interesting debate about Christmas between the presenter Shelagh Fogarty and the financial expert Martin Lewis about Christmas.
If you find that there is something that you need, come to one of the brothers and he will tell you how to get along without it.
Benedictine guest master to monastery guests. Quoted by Eugene Peterson in his book Practise Resurrection.
I just loved this quote. So true in so many cases. Reminded me of our time in Kenya.
How to have a superficial small group.
Great video. Hat tip to Bryony Taylor for the link
#Obama 's spiritual adviser, American evangelist Jim Wallis: "Consumerism is the drug of an unjust society" — BBC Radio 4 Today (@BBCr4today) November 24, 2010 Great interview with Jim Wallis on the Today programme. Jim Wallis has had a big influence on the church in the United States. One of his key points is that
- Bill: Will, we have absolutely no doubt you will be as great a blessing to the Diocese as you have been…
- Will Cookson: Thanks Ross, God bless, Will
- Will Cookson: Dear Alan & Sue, how great to hear from you. How are things in sunny Haydock? I believe that you…
- Alan and Sue Roberts: Best wishes Will to you and your family. We still remember you here (14 years ?). Alan and Sue Roberts…
- Ross: I have no doubt you will be an absolute blessing in your next step of ministry. You are a…
- Humaira: Agree it was a major let down to visit topkapi I see now why the Quran emphasizes the need…
- The Rich Ecclesiology of Fresh Expressions - Luke S. Edwards: […] should be of no surprise that John Wesley also faced great resistance. The Anglican bishop Joseph Butler famously remarked…
- Will Cookson: I agree this post is now closed for further comments
- The dangerous prophecy of Lance Lambert… September 8, 2011
- Will Jesus return on May 21st at about 6pm? March 28, 2011
- Review – Bible’s Buried Secrets – The Real garden of Eden March 29, 2011
- Why women should be Bishops…. November 23, 2012
- Review – Bible’s Buried Secrets – Did King David’s Empire exist? March 16, 2011
- Review of Love Wins by Rob Bell April 1, 2011
- Bains family blog: arrived in Kenya October 20, 2011
- Good without God November 5, 2010
- Moving on November 27, 2016
- Shallow Small groups 2 January 27, 2015
- Dean of Fresh Expressions January 21, 2015
- What can we do in the face of such evil? August 14, 2014
- Celebrating the Jewish Jesus April 18, 2014
- Church Growth Conference – children & youth January 24, 2014
- Church Growth – from anecdote to evidence January 22, 2014
- All Change for All Age Services January 21, 2014
- Great video to encourage more prayer #ThyKingdomCome twitter.com/lambethpalace/… 5 days ago
- @GrahamRKings and with older votes HUGELY more likely to vote Conservative. Those who want a reasonable Brexit need… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- @GrahamRKings Sorry Graham, look at this: d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_upload… Not only are they less likely to vote but they a… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- @montie so Jesus would have been for grammar schools? Hmm, don't think he chose grammar school types for disciples. 3 weeks ago
- RT @GuyVerhofstadt: This morning, I paid tribute to the UK's immense contribution to Europe and presented the way forward for us, the 27. H… 3 weeks ago